Friday, October 3, 2014

Top 5 Mark Out Moments

Top 5 Mark Out Moments | eWrestlingNews.com Write ArticleWrite New ArticleUpload a VideoCreate a Top 10 ListUpload Photo GalleryeWrestlingNews.com Latest Headline» ?WWE Champion Brock Lesnar Not Advertised Through The Rest Of 2014 - Details Inside Here NewsWWE NewsTNA NewsROH NewsMMA/UFC NewsOther NewsIndie NewsArticlesCommunityResultsGalleriesVideosForumsSIGN UP

Connect with Facebook to write posts, follow friends and earn badges!

HomeNewsArticlesResultsCommunityVideosGalleriesForumsAbout UsContact Over 9000 People Like Us. Do You?Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google PlusTop 5 Mark Out MomentsBYEdward SettleFollow10/02/14 6:15 PM-705Like this post? Share it!Share It on FacebookTweet ItShare It on FacebookTweet ItShare on Twitter

So Raw hasn't been so hot as of late. There's a bit of that thing going around where wrestling fans are a bit irritable (even more so then usual). It's easy to forget at times like these why you became a wrestling fan in the first place. So, with that being said, here's something a bit more upbeat. Cast aside the doom and gloom and reflect back on the times when you found yourself lost in the excitement in being a fan.

To be clear, this a completely personal list. I'm simply recounting the moments that stuck with me the most through out the years. It's not the sort of thing that's open for debate. But I welcome everyone to supply their own top 5 moments below in the comment section. 

1Holding the WWE Title

It's weird to think that three of my biggest mark out moments are from 2011. In terms of things to experience as a fan, this was the ultimate for me. 

Leading into Wrestlmania 27, WWE superstars the Miz (WWE champion at the time) and John Cena were scheduled to work some televised promo spots for the USA Network. As it turns out, I was hired to work on that particular gig and got to meet (briefly of course) both men in person (Stone Cold was also there, I believe promoting Tough Enough, but I only saw him from a distance). For the record, both were lovely guys and neither came across as a prima donna. 

Now the Miz had the title with him at the time and I believe I asked him if I could touch it. His response was something along the lines of "you can touch it, hold it, wear it, whatever." There were a ton of executives around so I certainly wasn't going to wear the title but for a brief moment I was able to hold it in both hands and felt this incredible rush. As a life long fan, it was a truly special moment. 

W1siziisinb1ymxpyy9pbwfnzxmvnjnhndrimzktowq0zc00oda4lthknzgty2e1mzcyzjg3mgzjlmpwzyjdlfsiccisim1lzgl1bv93awrlil1d?sha=109560e32Earthquake "Killing" Jake's Pet Snake Damien

My favorite wrestler of all time is Jake "The Snake" Roberts. As a kid, I was a huge mark not just for him, but for his pet python Damien as well. 

Going back to 1991, Jake was engaged in a feud with another one of my favorites (though he actually scared me a bit as a kid) Earthquake. Quake, who outweighed Roberts by a good 200lbs, was deathly afraid of snakes. When it came time for the two to have a match together, Jake was forced tuck his snake bag under the ring. What followed was the greatest bait and switch ever (or at least tied with the 2x4 wrapped with barbed wire switcheroo from the 2000 Royal Rumble).

Now, before the match was underway and the bag placed under the ring, Roberts had taken out Damien for all to see. So, we know there is a live snake in the bag. As for the match itself, there isn't much to it UNTIL Quake ties Roberts up in the ropes, leaving him defenseless. Earthquake then retrieves the snake bag and in the middle of the ring, delivers two giant seated sentons, killing Damien. 

As a child, I was mortified. After breaking free, Roberts clears the ring and checks the bag. The horror on his face; it's as if he just lost a child. 

Later on of course I saw the bait and switch for what is was but that will never take away from the fact that it was a masterfully done angle. 

W1siziisinb1ymxpyy9pbwfnzxmvowe0njljntatm2zmzc00mwrkltg4mgutodmxmwrjodq0ztlmlmpwzwcixsxbinailcjtzwrpdw1fd2lkzsjdxq?sha=b2951e923Daniel Bryan Winning the Money in the Bank Briefcase

Speaking of marking out as a full grown adult in 2011….

Money in the Bank is remembered mostly for being the PPV where CM Punk was finally able to break through and win the WWE title from defending champion John Cena. What people might forget is it was actually a great card front to back. In fact, I'd say it's either the top or second best wrestling PPV the WWE has produced since I got back into the product in 2009 (the other being Extreme Rules 2012). 

I remember seeing the MitB ladder match for the Smackdown brand (when the brand split still existed) and thinking, "it'll probably be Wade Barrett or Sheamus…. Maybe Cody Rhodes." Now a couple friends and myself ordered this PPV and I remember that as Daniel Bryan climbed the ladder to grab the contract I literally jumped for joy on my friends couch. Again, a grown man acting a fool, but it was a great moment and I don't mind looking foolish. 

W1siziisinb1ymxpyy9pbwfnzxmvztiwotyymdctymq0ni00njk3ltgynmutywnlmzdlodaym2m1lmpwzyjdlfsiccisim1lzgl1bv93awrlil1d?sha=813f61894CM Punk's Pipe Bomb Promo

It's easy to look back at CM Punk's infamous promo back in 2011 and say "oh, that's what made him." It's certainly the first moment that the WWE truly gave pause and thought "maybe we have something special with this guy." 

I'll admit it, for like 15 minutes following the promo, I thought it might have been an honest to God shoot. I was just taken aback. It's one of the rare instances during that time period that I actually watched RAW live (instead of using DVR and watching it after the fact) and man, was I rewarded. It just came across so perfectly as something that wasn't supposed to happen…. But did. Even as a full grown adult, I marked out huge. 

W1siziisinb1ymxpyy9pbwfnzxmvmmqxowjjnjmtmzq1oc00ztaylwi1mwqtmgrhnze1zde3zjc5lmpwzyjdlfsiccisim1lzgl1bv93awrlil1d?sha=89749eae 1 2 Next › Last »Share It on FacebookTweet ItShare on TwitterTrendingStoriesW1siziisinb1ymxpyy9pbwfnzxmvnduwmgu0ztytzje1ms00zgy2ltgyzwetzmywztq2owjknzfmlmpwzyjdlfsiccisim1pbmkixv0?sha=cae95ff6Backstage News On Why Brock Lesnar Is Not Scheduled To Compete at Hell In A CellW1siziisinb1ymxpyy9pbwfnzxmvotgznjlmmjgtmgiymi00ndk1ltg2ytgtzjy3ntaxzjgznmnjlmpwzyjdlfsiccisim1pbmkixv0?sha=567dd77b?Backstage Update On WWE's Plans For Rusev - Details Inside HereW1siziisinb1ymxpyy9pbwfnzxmvoty4mznmywutmdi0os00mtuxlwi4mtetymm2ytjhmzgzmdm0lmpwzyjdlfsiccisim1pbmkixv0?sha=545d10af?Backstage Update On 'Extras' Taking WWE Pay Cuts - Numerous Talents Turn Down The CompanyW1siziisinb1ymxpyy9pbwfnzxmvmmi4mjiwy2mtmwq3nc00mjnilthjyjmtmgezoduwymi4odjhlmpwzyjdlfsiccisim1pbmkixv0?sha=99cf544aReport On Possible Drug Usage In The WWE: Wrestlers Cheating The Wellness Program?W1siziisinb1ymxpyy9pbwfnzxmvzgu5nzuzmjitmwzjzc00mdrjlthlntitmwu0zwi5zdlimjvklmpwzyjdlfsiccisim1pbmkixv0?sha=4f09c95aRecent Photo Of Kevin Nash - Big ChangeTags:wwecm punkdaniel bryanshawn michaelsjake robertsmarty jannettyearthquakeMark Out MomentsHaving problems with Disqus?Clear your cache to fix the problem.TrendingStoriesW1siziisinb1ymxpyy9pbwfnzxmvnduwmgu0ztytzje1ms00zgy2ltgyzwetzmywztq2owjknzfmlmpwzyjdlfsiccisim1pbmkixv0?sha=cae95ff6Backstage News On Why Brock Lesnar Is Not Scheduled To Compete at Hell In A CellW1siziisinb1ymxpyy9pbwfnzxmvotgznjlmmjgtmgiymi00ndk1ltg2ytgtzjy3ntaxzjgznmnjlmpwzyjdlfsiccisim1pbmkixv0?sha=567dd77b?Backstage Update On WWE's Plans For Rusev - Details Inside HereW1siziisinb1ymxpyy9pbwfnzxmvoty4mznmywutmdi0os00mtuxlwi4mtetymm2ytjhmzgzmdm0lmpwzyjdlfsiccisim1pbmkixv0?sha=545d10af?Backstage Update On 'Extras' Taking WWE Pay Cuts - Numerous Talents Turn Down The CompanyW1siziisinb1ymxpyy9pbwfnzxmvmmi4mjiwy2mtmwq3nc00mjnilthjyjmtmgezoduwymi4odjhlmpwzyjdlfsiccisim1pbmkixv0?sha=99cf544aReport On Possible Drug Usage In The WWE: Wrestlers Cheating The Wellness Program?W1siziisinb1ymxpyy9pbwfnzxmvzgu5nzuzmjitmwzjzc00mdrjlthlntitmwu0zwi5zdlimjvklmpwzyjdlfsiccisim1pbmkixv0?sha=4f09c95aRecent Photo Of Kevin Nash - Big Change Latest from eFightNews.comW1siziisinb1ymxpyy9pbwfnzxmvytc2n2i4odmtmgu2yi00mmfilwjmowytzgy4zjk4ztgwmjq3lmpwzyjdlfsiccisinrodw1iil1d?sha=2974400dBattleGrounds MMA O.N.E. Weigh-In ResultsW1siziisinb1ymxpyy9pbwfnzxmvntazmjjlm2qty2m5mc00n2y3ltk4mtgtzge4ndrhzgi2otvllnbuzyjdlfsiccisinrodw1iil1d?sha=b76690a1Cung Le Disputes Drug Test Result, Explains His Side Of The StoryW1siziisinb1ymxpyy9pbwfnzxmvmjdlndkzndqtm2m4yi00zdq5ltgxodutmju0n2zhy2rlzjfjlmpwzyjdlfsiccisinrodw1iil1d?sha=f564886aUFC 177 PPV Numbers Are In: One Of The Lowest Buyrates In YearsW1siziisinb1ymxpyy9pbwfnzxmvodgwnzviodytnjizzs00mgixltllyzktymy4ndi2zmyzmdg5lmpwzyjdlfsiccisinrodw1iil1d?sha=1b12ae7fJim Ross Compares Chael Sonnen To Paul Heyman, Talks MMA DebutW1siziisinb1ymxpyy9pbwfnzxmvztqzyzuwmmqtowzlmy00yzy1ltk3nzitmze2ngrjyjfkmdi5lkpqryjdlfsiccisinrodw1iil1d?sha=c644e917Dan Henderson Eyeing Return At UFC 182Site LinksLatest NewsArticlesCommunityGalleriesVideosAbout UsEWN BlogAdvertisingForumContactWrite For Us

Want to write for eWrestlingNews.com? Connect now and find out how to contribute.

Write For UsStay In Touch

Find us on your favorite social media sites:

© 2014 Copyright eWrestlingNews.comby Newspresso, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Terms of Use|Privacy Policy

X

No comments:

Post a Comment