Over the years, The Undertaker has had his share of accomplished opponents willing to put their body on the line to make an unforgettable moment. There have been times that his opponent has been asked to help lead The Undertaker through the match, outlasting all of our expectations and satisfaction. These opponents include Mr. Wrestlemania himself, Shawn Michaels and Triple H, both of which were involved in epic matches in the eyes of the universe. Furthermore, this leads me to the belief that if neither of those guys could be victorious against the streak, it would stay forever and never be broken.
All of this leads me to the question of, “Why Brock Lesnar?” Why now? When Brock Lesnar was brought back to the WWE, he was portrayed as the destroyer, one who brutally punishes his opponent, with complete neglect for all the rules. He has broken arms, dropped many F5”S, and most recently has destroyed many chairs on his opponents, specifically on The Big Show. As a fan and a writer, I ask myself how any of this pertains to the Undertaker and how he would be able to withstand this type of punishment at this stage of his career. In my opinion, I can’t see Brock Lesnar altering his wrestling style drastically enough to hold a 20/30 minute wrestling match with an aging superstar whose endurance is declining. This is not Lesnar’s style, nor can I see him willing to adjust to it just to appease the WWE brass.
The one way the WWE could attempt to at least put over the concept of this match, would be to bring back the Harley riding, bandana wearing, American Bad A$$ street fighter. This would at least give the Undertaker a more similar style to Brock, instead of the classic Deadman of Darkness. They could then try to sell this as the battle of the two “A$$ Kickers.” Unfortunately, this match still wouldn’t intrigue me at this stage of the game, but at least it would have people talking. If you were to ask me who I think needs to face the Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXX, I would not be able to give you a straight answer. The one thing I do know for sure is that my answer wouldn’t be Brock Lesnar!
*** As always I appreciate all comments and feedback…Follow me on twitter @TCutiilo23 and thebellsounds.me……
No comments:
Post a Comment